The picture below illustrates an industrial bio-digester which Express Drainage Solutions Kenya Ltd can design, supply and install;
Requirements for a Successful System;
- Acceptance by potential users.
- Ability to use the gas when produced.
- Sufficient demand for gas.
- Availability of sufficient raw materials to meet the production requirements .
- Adequate maintenance and operational control.
- Reduces organic content of waste materials by 30-50% and produces a stabilized liquid effluent.
- Provides a sanitary way for disposal of human and animal wastes.
- Produces large amounts of methane gas which can be stored at ambient temperature.
- Produces free flowing, almost clear liquid odourless effluent. The effluent is a good liquid fertilizer.
- Weed seeds are destroyed and pathogens are either destroyed or greatly reduced in number.
- Rodents and flies are not attracted to the end product of the process. Access of pests and vermin to wastes is limited.
- Helps to conserve on imported energy sources.
- Liquid sludge presents a potential water pollution problem if handled incorrectly.
- Proper operating conditions must be maintained in the digester for maximum gas production.
- 100% maintenance free, continuous biological process
- Complete elimination of pathogens
- Economically viable
- No dependence on the limited and costly conventional energy sources
- Can be installed and made operational in very less time compare to other technologies
- Inoculums charging is only once during the entire life
- No need of connectivity to the sewage line, septic tank
- No disposal of sludge is required
- Routine cleaning chemicals like phenyl, soap, Kerosene are not required.